A four-session virtual course
Sessions held weekly, beginning Tuesday, November 6 at 1:00 pm ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
Dates of Sessions:
Session #1: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
Session #2: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
Session #3: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
Session #4: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
- Sara Guastello, Director of Knowledge Management
- Christy Davies, Manager of Designation
Fee: No Charge
Planetree is proud to introduce the re-designed Person-Centered Care Certification Program. For sites in the United States, the new criteria and evaluation processes take effect as of January 1, 2018. Outside of the U.S., the changes will be implemented as of January 1, 2019. That means, if recognition (or any level of recognition) is on your organization’s radar screen for the coming year, you won’t want to miss this in-depth virtual course on the nuts and bolts of the changes being introduced, led by the primary architects of the program re-design.
About the Program Re-Design
Guided by the voices of patient and family partners and healthcare professionals across the continuum, this program reboot is creates greater value for participants by helping you to accelerate organizational progress toward person-centered excellence by:
- Re-organizing and consolidating the designation criteria to emphasize the most high-leverage changes
- Introducing a more transparent and logical scoring system for rating organizational performance against the criteria
- Promoting greater flexibility in how organizations may meet the spirit and intent of the criteria
- Redistributing performance expectations across the recognition tiers to expand opportunities for organizations to earn recognition for their progress.
What You Need to Know
That translates into changes to:
- The criteria
- The application process
- Evidence requirements
- The incorporation of standardized performance measures
- The site visit
- How organizations set recognition level-targets, and more!
We’re Here to Help!
You don’t have to navigate these changes alone. We’re here to help. This virtual course is specifically designed for those transitioning from the current criteria and processes to the re-designed program. We will strive to create a bridge of understanding between the program elements you’re familiar with and the changes that are underway. We’ll also ease you into the language and terminology for the re-designed program through points of reference that are familiar to you.
Topics to be addressed during this workshop include:
- Making sense of the new criteria, and the associated measurable elements
- How the numerical scoring system works
- Preparing for the more spontaneous aspects of the site visit
- What to expect after your site visit
- Additional support and resources available to you.
To learn more about the Person-Centered Care Certification Program, visit certification.planetree.org.