Community Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience, we have established basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files and any content posted to that best suited to our shared community. This is a great place to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, participate in an ongoing conversation and deepen our collective pool of knowledge by sharing patient- and resident-centered care resources.
In addition, should you have specific questions about Planetree or My Planetree, including any technical issues or questions, please direct those to our Member Services liaison, Karen Andazola, via the Contact Us link at the top of the web page.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with our important guidelines/rules. In order to cultivate a climate that encourages both compassionate and abundant dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or, if warranted, terminate participation in this community for anyone in violation of these rules.
- Be kind. The discussions and comments posted are meant to stimulate conversation not create contention. To honor the free flow of information, please let others have their say, just as you may.
- Just say “no” to commercials. Please don't post commercial messages in any community, resource library entry, or other public areas where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use good judgment. Please use common sense and caution when discussing products. Information posted in the communities and in the libraries is available for all to see, and thus subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Mind your manners. Posting of defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Copyright Law and Order. Please note carefully all of the items listed in The Legal Stuff section below, especially pertaining to copyright ownership of information posted. Remember that all participants have the right to share, download and reproduce postings to this site.
- Leave SPAM in the Can. Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Posting the same message to several lists or libraries is just, well, SPAM.
- Swim, anyone? Messages posted are intended to add to the pool of knowledge, so please make this a safe and enjoyable place for everyone to swim. For the good of the group, the lifeguards at Planetree reserve the right to reject any message, for any reason.
- Dr. Who? Please include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation and location.
What’s My Line? State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows colleagues to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Short and Sweet. Respond in a manner befitting busy healthcare providers: include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply.
- Think Globally, Act Locally. Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Personalize it. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals – not to the entire list. It’s easy. Just use the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- You’re empowered! To manage your settings. Instead of sending administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” go to your profile to change your own settings or to remove yourself from a list.
- @New Email. Since email addresses are used to authenticate community membership privileges, if you should need to update or change your email address, please notify your site administrator by selecting Contact Us at the top of any web page on the community site.
- The Long and Winding Posts. Give a heads up to other community members if you are posting a lengthy message by stating so in either the subject line or at the beginning of the message itself with a line that says "Long Message." Colleagues will appreciate the opportunity to refill their coffee mug or water bottle before settling in to read it.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for Planetree members. Planetree, Inc. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. Planetree, Inc. disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Planetree or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Planetree, Inc. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Planetree, Inc. and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Planetree, Inc. actively monitors the site for inappropriate postings but does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is discovered and/or brought to the attention of Planetree, Inc. appropriate action will be taken.
Planetree, Inc. reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules and guidelines.